When you start your Windows Vista or Windows 7 computer, by default the system makes you enter your password to log in.
If you think that, this is unnecessary you may bypass the Windows Vista and 7 log on process and remove your password, just follow these steps:
- Go to Start, Control Panel.
- Click on the User Accounts and Family Safety link.
- Next, click on the User Accounts link.
- Under the “Make changes to your user account” section, click on the Remove Your Password link for your account.
- On the next screen that comes up, enter in your current password.
- Click on the Remove Password button to confirm everything.
- Close out of all the open windows and restart your computer. That will allow you to test the system to make sure your password really was removed.
From now on, when you start up your Vista computer, you will be taken to your desktop automatically and you will no longer have to worry about a password.